Monday, January 31, 2011

Entente cordiale with geckos and snails

As tensions rise between important countries around the world, I'm pleased to report good news in Singapore. Ceasefire has been declared between me and certain tropical creatures of prey. Roaches, particularly large, flying ones that harass my friends -- you still need to be wary.

I have a friendly relationship with the snails that slither around my garden and pool area. Perhaps because they move slowly and don't come in the house.

I often try to save them from being stepped on but they don't let me pick them up.
This one is big!

I also have achieved peaceful relations with the geckos, as they are easier to deal with than the large, stubborn iguanas we encountered in Mexico.

I'm contemplating adding crows to the enemy list, as they've started landing on my window sill -- when the window is open with no screens, which creates a potentially volatile situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment