Friday, December 24, 2010

Icy Midwest winters – bring it on

I can’t wait to get off the plane. My flight from Tokyo to Minneapolis clocked in at 10.5 hours; I’m a good long-haul traveler but I was getting a bit antsy after eight.
I’m one of the first people off the plane but cause much bumping and cursing as I stop and just inhale the brisk winter Minneapolis air on the gangway. MAN, how I have missed that refreshing, bracing air. After a few deep gulps, I keep walking. (Chill out people. If you lived in 80 degree heat year-round, you’d want to stop and enjoy the cold air for a moment, too.)
I dash to the nearest bathroom to change out of my odd plane attire – a combination of Singapore (black and white cotton dress, sandals) and travel clothes (leggings, pashmina and Louis’ zip-up sweater) – and into the black leggings, long gray sweater and rugged knee-high Cole Haan boots that I have been lugging in my carry-on so I can put on at the first possible moment. I feel like I whole new woman once I’m back in “normal” clothes. Time for a Quarter Pounder and fries. Let the holiday gluttony begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment