Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wish list for the holidays in the US

Mer and I at our (questionable) best

As much as I love Singapore and Asia, I dreadfully miss friends, family and favorite things to do in the US. Random thoughts regularly cross my mind ("I so WISH I had half-price wine nite at Salute here in Singapore!" or "My god, where can I find a Rockit bloody mary??").

 
 
With approximately three weeks in the States for the holidays, I plan to visit Chicago for a few days. And yes, I've already started a wish list. This is not exhaustive, so if you're not listed yet, consider yourself warned :)

 
Chicago Wish List
  • Dinner at Anteprima with Meredith and Jim. A wine-soaked double date is sorely needed. What do I miss more, the fabulous married-couple-to-be or the homemade pasta? The former of course!
  • L-cubed at Steppenwolf's Red or White Ball
  • Work out, brunch and Rachel Zoe catch-up (and Marley play time!!!) with the fabulous Julia Failey. I can't wait to pick up my lotus piece, to match my Chinese name -- Dai Lian.
  • Half-price wine, meatballs and wood-burning fire place at Salute with the lovely L-squared, Lara and Laura. If Nancy can make it, all the better! These three lovely ladies are such an inspiration to me. (Oh, and we have fun when we drink wine, too.) After, I must visit my favorite hellhound, Chester. Lizards of Singapore: beware, if I ever bring this attack dog to visit!
  • Plenty of girl time with Maggie and Alisa, perhaps trying some new Chicago tapas place. And I can't wait for Maggie's wedding in Riviera Maya, even if I do live in the tropics year-round!
  • Kalamata chicken at the Athenian Room with Louis. Oh, how I've missed thee.
  • The fabulous Steppenwolf Auxiliary Council
  • Catch up and dinner with Mel and Colin -- either at Mel's fab new West Loop condo or some hot new Chicago night spot.
  • Exceptional theatre and discussion (oh yes, and more wine) -- catch "Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf?" at my favorite cultural spot in Chicago, the Steppenwolf Theatre, with the best fundraising/social group of all time, the Steppenwolf Auxiliary Council.
  • Three Shades, in one of our more well-behaved moments
    at the Big Shoulders Fund Ball.
  • Brunch and $5 make-your-own-bloody-marys at Rockit with the notorious Three Shades of Naughty. Since I live in Singapore, Lydia is now married and Di is the responsible MBA student, the controversial girl group is on temporary hiatus but fans demand a world tour.
  • Club sandwiches and bloody marys (again? yes) at PJ Clarke's with two former FH colleagues and mentors.
  • The Hangee Uppe. Duh.

2 comments:

  1. What a loving wish list, darling! I miss Athenian Room so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course I miss all our friends in the Chi -- soon we will be reunited again!

    ReplyDelete